- 7 questions for Saraki: Ex-governor speaks on his successor, the NGF & what to expect from himPosted 1 hour ago
- Segun Adeniyi: The craze of Dubai weddingsPosted 2 hours ago
- Gov. Okorocha collected N24 million bribe from my company, says contractorPosted 6 hours ago
- Dame Jonathan unstoppable in Rivers; begins campaign for president’s reelectionPosted 6 hours ago
- Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo: The Nigerian salary apparitionPosted 6 hours ago
- Nana Nwachukwu: The money side of terrorismPosted 6 hours ago
- Somebody at the top removed our commissioner: Another lamentation of Gov. Amaechi on insecurityPosted 6 hours ago
- Reign of terror: 48 people killed in Zamfara – and it’s not Boko HaramPosted 6 hours ago
- Video: Too sick to talk?: When Taraba acting Gov. Umar, met ailing Gov. Suntai, in the USPosted 6 hours ago
- Voodoo lawmaking:Ondo lawmaker suspended over possession of fetish objectsPosted 13 hours ago
Watch: Is this the most embarrassing moment on TV this year? NSCDC commandant fumbles on live TV
by Dare Lawal
Watch this video, and we dare you not to laugh. Try it!
The video is an example of how not to bluff.
The Lagos State Commandant of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corp (NSCDC), Obafaiye Shem, was all bombast as a guest on Channels Television’s breakfast programme, Sunrise Daily, two days ago. Then the easiest question that could be asked such a senior officer was asked him by the presenters: What is your organisation’s website address?
Simple question, right?
Well Mr. Shem, instead of stating categorically that he did not know the address, tried to divert attention from the question by raising something else, but the presenters were insistent; so he began to hem and haw, and still the presenters insisted. So Mr. Shem declared with the straightest face ever on television that the address was “www.nscdc”. That was all.
Kudos to the Channels TV presenters for keeping their cool and not bursting into uncontrolled laughter.
The correct address is www.nscdc.gov.ng
The video is below. Enjoy it or squirm.