- Nigerian soldiers resume fighting with Boko Haram; kill 25 terrorists in DamboaPosted 1 hour ago
- Is anyone surprised?: House speaker, Tambuwal, decamps to the APCPosted 3 hours ago
- Judge nullifies sale of Newswatch to Jimoh Ibrahim; awards N15.7m against himPosted 4 hours ago
- GEJ has refused to sack him, and now minister of interior, Moro, says “the time to resign has gone.”Posted 4 hours ago
- Rotimi Fawole: Is the law school marking scheme unfair? Nah! And here’s whyPosted 4 hours ago
- Orji Uka: The Nigerian Law School grading system is unfair and does no one any goodPosted 8 hours ago
- Joanne Oji: Court wedding – Did I hear you say, “No, please?”Posted 10 hours ago
- President Jonathan prepares for declaration; holds late night meeting with PDP governorsPosted 13 hours ago
- 40 women abducted in Wagga and village attacked in Michika, as Boko Haram continues offensivePosted 14 hours ago
- Abimbola Adeyinka: 10 reasons why I won’t vote for Buhari this timePosted 14 hours ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…