- Gov. El-Rufai to sue newspaper over “blatant falsehood” about his assetsPosted 6 hours ago
- 11 points:This is the summary of what Gbajabiamila and his loyalists discussed with Buhari last nightPosted 7 hours ago
- Marilyn Ogar does not speak to journalists any more – here’s another thing waiting for her responsePosted 10 hours ago
- Interview: Nigerian author, Chuma Nwokolo, talks about fiction, change and the radical BribeCode billPosted 11 hours ago
- Olusegun Adeniyi: Of Tambuwalism and Buhari’s headachePosted 11 hours ago
- Defence spokesman, Chris Olukolade, releases two books (Check out Photos from book launch)Posted 12 hours ago
- NASS crisis: Buhari met with Hon. Gbajabiamila and his supporters last nightPosted 14 hours ago
- Emir Sanusi continues to look the part as he hosts Ganduje, others at annual Ramadan Tasfir(Photos)Posted 14 hours ago
- EFCC says it is ‘shocked’ that Justice Ajumogobia allowed Fani-Kayode walk free todayPosted 23 hours ago
- Lagos govt gives okada riders three weeks to vacate restricted routesPosted 1 day ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…