- “Investigation commenced in 2013″: UK National Crime Agency gives update on Diezani’s casePosted 11 hours ago
- Osinbajo’s spokesman responds to criticism of Aso Rock’s media team and alleged Osinbajo-El-Rufai clashPosted 12 hours ago
- Huh?: Kogi APC guber candidate, Abubakar Audu, tells supporters to kill any thug who gets in their wayPosted 13 hours ago
- Apparently Buhari couldn’t make it to Abuja bomb site but he sent this message and a delegation(Photos)Posted 15 hours ago
- Olalekan Adetayo: Buhari and ministers’ list: the merit and supplementaryPosted 20 hours ago
- Nice: The Obamas and Buhari in New York (Photo)Posted 20 hours ago
- EFCC officials sealing off Diezani Aliso Madueke’s Abuja home (WATCH)Posted 20 hours ago
- “One bomber died while trying to climb fence of Kuje police station”: NEMA gives update; says 15 deadPosted 21 hours ago
- Police statement on Abuja bomb blasts: It was carried out by a male and femalePosted 21 hours ago
- Dele Momodu: Abuja ministerial bluesPosted 21 hours ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…