- “It is reprehensible”: FG condemns Niger Delta warlords who threatened war if Pres. Jonathan losesPosted 5 hours ago
- #ThrowBack: As Buhari pulled out of NEDG debate, it reminded us of this 2011 debate setting (Photo)Posted 6 hours ago
- This 3-minutes video of Pastor Adeboye endorsing Osinbajo in the presence of GEJ is now trendingPosted 12 hours ago
- Gov. Willie Obiano endorses Labaran Maku for Nasarawa governor (Photos)Posted 14 hours ago
- Olusegun Adeniyi: INEC, the odds against Jonathan and why I have not endorsed BuhariPosted 16 hours ago
- Just In: Buhari to boycott presidential debate with Jonathan for the following reasonsPosted 16 hours ago
- Jonathan ‘admits’ that he has not done enough for Rivers state; says it is because he is transparentPosted 22 hours ago
- Heartbreaking: Boko Haram shared these two photos of child soldiers in the North East on TwitterPosted 22 hours ago
- Bayo Adeyinka: Jonathan vs. Buhari: Undecided voters and the emerging scenarios in the S/WestPosted 23 hours ago
- Gov. Fashola accuses PDP guber candidate, Agbaje, of owing four years tax worth N1.69mPosted 1 day ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…