- “Save Buhari from Tinubu” – Gov. Fayose begs Northern leadersPosted 7 hours ago
- “The medium is the message”: Dele Alake responds to Femi Fani-KayodePosted 19 hours ago
- “You have failed my people; I cannot guarantee their votes” – Warri monarch tells GEJPosted 20 hours ago
- Yes, the military recorded great victories, but last week was bloody as terrorists killed 124 peoplePosted 21 hours ago
- Idowu Akinlotan: The problem with Pres. Jonathan’s interviewsPosted 21 hours ago
- Sheikh Gumi, Sheikh Khalil, 2 prominent Christian clerics, turn down VP Sambo’s invitation in KadunaPosted 22 hours ago
- Sonala Olumhense: Professor Deceiving PeoplePosted 23 hours ago
- Guardian Editor explains how Garba Shehu ‘conned’ the paper into using a ‘lying’ photo of GMB (READ)Posted 23 hours ago
- It gets real: A PDP governor drags Jega to court to compel him to allow use of TVCsPosted 23 hours ago
- Simon Kolawole: Nigeria 2015: Where is the beef?Posted 23 hours ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…