- APC calls on Pres. Jonathan to hand over Ikejirika and Sheriff to Ithe nternational Criminal CourtPosted 11 mins ago
- Doctors and patients in LUTH panic following admission and death of suspected Ebola patientPosted 43 mins ago
- Politics and power play in the time of EbolaPosted 4 hours ago
- Goodluck Jonathan does not have the backing of Jigawa state for 2015 – Gov. Lamido saysPosted 7 hours ago
- On Ikimi’s chairmanship bid, Oando deal and Ribadu: Read Bola Tinubu’s 3-point response to Tom IkimiPosted 7 hours ago
- Pres. Goodluck Jonathan in Kenya for AU summit (Photos)Posted 8 hours ago
- Boko Haram commander allegations: El-rufai to sue IhejirikaPosted 8 hours ago
- Getting out of hand?: Fresh Ebola cases confirmed in Rivers and Lagos; suspected case in AbujaPosted 22 hours ago
- “Abia is stinking”: Billionaire Arthur Eze gives Gov. Orji the embarrassment of his lifePosted 23 hours ago
- Nigerian Army announces curfew in MaiduguriPosted 1 day ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…