- Go and pursue your ambitions: Gov. Rochas Okorocha drops six commissioners from Imo state excoPosted 8 hours ago
- APC and APGA national chairmen, Odili, Joke Silva to receive 2014 national honours (See FULL list)Posted 8 hours ago
- South Africa finds three different flaws in the Nigerian government’s explanation on seized $9.3mPosted 8 hours ago
- Abba Mahmood: Note to Northern governors: Only a dwarf needs a platformPosted 18 hours ago
- Report: Boko Haram uses acting governor Fintiri’s hometown residence as operational basePosted 18 hours ago
- Ogun governor, Ibikunle Amosun says his predecessor Gbenga Daniel is originally from Delta statePosted 19 hours ago
- Prophet TB Joshua posts Facebook update on his ‘hard times’Posted 20 hours ago
- Pres. Jacob Zuma’s statement on the deaths of 67 South Africans at The Synagogue church (READ)Posted 1 day ago
- PDP governors endorse Pres. Jonathan as sole PDP presidential candidate for 2015Posted 1 day ago
- Arms scandal: Elrufai has a stinging criticism and several questions for Pastor Oritsejafor (READ)Posted 1 day ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…