- Report: Gov. Yuguda of Bauchi sacks up to 2000 aidesPosted 55 mins ago
- 24 hours after impeachment of Ondo dep. governor, there’s another impeachment in KebbiPosted 1 hour ago
- Uche Igwe: Who are the real betrayers of the Niger Delta?Posted 2 hours ago
- Bola Tinubu writes piece on how Nigerian govt. should have reacted to SA xenophobic attacks (READ)Posted 4 hours ago
- Former NDDC commissioner jailed for stealing 56 transformersPosted 5 hours ago
- Oh, not again: The next time we see one of these kinds of stories we’ll have to call the policePosted 5 hours ago
- About-turn: APC says that AIT is free to cover Buhari’s activitiesPosted 5 hours ago
- @JubrilShittu: On xenophobia and Nigeria’s diplomatic responsePosted 6 hours ago
- Shaka Momodu: On PDP defectors and how Sylva undermines Buhari’s anti-corruption pledgePosted 7 hours ago
- Why the Police Service Commission wants armed undercover police officers in polling units next timePosted 8 hours ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…