- The anointed: Patience Jonathan gives Wike “the blessings of a mother” for Rivers governorship pollPosted 4 mins ago
- Kunle Durojaiye: The Buhari Question: Why does Buhari keep running and running for president?Posted 2 hours ago
- Awww… what a good man! Ikot Ekpene people have been pressuring Akpabio to run for senate, now he’s acceptedPosted 2 hours ago
- El-rufai writes: “Why I want to be the next Kaduna governor”Posted 5 hours ago
- Akin Osuntokun: Boko Haram, BBOG and Buhari – Divided Nigeria standsPosted 6 hours ago
- Pres. Jonathan defends the military; says allegations of human rights abuses are exaggeratedPosted 14 hours ago
- First lady, Patience Jonathan, pays solidarity visit to Nyesom Wike in his Abuja home (Photos)Posted 15 hours ago
- “Gov Amaechi made me minister to reduce my influence” – Wike saysPosted 17 hours ago
- Pres Jonathan declares that he’ll run in 2015; announces declaration committeePosted 19 hours ago
- Simon Allison: Boko Haram and the ceasefire that wasn’tPosted 20 hours ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…