- Sam Hart: Assessing the assessors of the government of Abia statePosted 1 day ago
- Femi Owolabi: Journalism and the people who practise it in NigeriaPosted 1 day ago
- Simon Kolawole: The ‘Tambuwal test’ for our democracyPosted 1 day ago
- Saatah Nubari: Ethnic politics for dummiesPosted 2 days ago
- Teingo Inko-Tariah: Military democracy – the Rivers state templatePosted 2 days ago
- Breaking: Supreme Court sacks acting Taraba governorPosted 3 days ago
- @emma_dele: My Abia Diary: The projects I saw (1)Posted 3 days ago
- Bayo Adeyinka: Suuru Lere – Patience is a virtue (set to the tune of Lagbaja)Posted 3 days ago
- 5 consequences of yesterday’s fiasco in the national assemblyPosted 3 days ago
- This is how the PDP is spinning today’s incident at the national assemblyPosted 4 days ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…