- Billions still unaccounted for, but Pres. Jonathan meets and reconciles with Emir Sanusi (Photo)Posted 26 mins ago
- “Why I did not attend the APC mini-convention on Thursday” – AtikuPosted 54 mins ago
- Abimbola Adelakun: When is Nigerian life worthy of respect?Posted 5 hours ago
- GEJ meets with PDP leaders, AGF, lawmakers over Tambuwal; but the House is standing by its manPosted 7 hours ago
- Olusegun Adeniyi: APC and the Tambuwal optionPosted 7 hours ago
- Pray for Nigeria: The attack on Adamawa’s second largest town was so vicious that our soldiers fledPosted 8 hours ago
- As newest and highest ranking APC member, Speaker Tambuwal gave speech at APC convention today (READ)Posted 19 hours ago
- N99.915m: Aso Rock releases updated list of all those who contributed towards GEJ’s nomination formPosted 19 hours ago
- Nigerians donate N99m for GEJ to purchase PDP nomination form; president to buy form tomorrowPosted 1 day ago
- Gov. Amosun is facing the political battle of his life, now his deputy has written him this letterPosted 1 day ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…