- FTF’s evening with Lagos governorship aspirant, Akin Ambode – how it went downPosted 4 hours ago
- 40.7% pass in the South vs. 19.4% pass in the North: 10 takeaways from 2014 WAEC result summaryPosted 5 hours ago
- You will not believe why Gov. Aliyu did not vote in Saturday’s Niger East senatorial bye-electionPosted 5 hours ago
- Simon Kolawole: The trouble with Nuhu RibaduPosted 5 hours ago
- Gov. Kwankwaso forced to clarify on his ambitions for president in 2015Posted 5 hours ago
- #Adamawa2014: PDP disqualifies acting governor Fintiri from contestingPosted 14 hours ago
- Rivers health commissioner gives details of how Amb. Koye took Ebola to Port HarcourtPosted 1 day ago
- FG recalls sacked doctors; reinstates residency programPosted 1 day ago
- Political logic: PDP blames Gov. Amaechi for spread of Ebola into RiversPosted 3 days ago
- Pastor-politician emerges as new Enugu deputy governorPosted 3 days ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…