- Tolu Ogunlesi: Election lessons from NigeriaPosted 3 hours ago
- Gov. Aliyu loses senate race by over 100,000 votesPosted 7 hours ago
- As predicted by the APC, Gov. Yuguda imposes curfew in BauchiPosted 11 hours ago
- PDP wins only Ife East LGA in OsunPosted 13 hours ago
- APC alleges that Gov. Yuguda is plotting a state of emergency and cancellation of results in BauchiPosted 14 hours ago
- Official results from Borno IDP camps; Buhari leads in 10 LGAsPosted 14 hours ago
- INEC releases results in 10 LGAs in Ogun; APC wins 7Posted 14 hours ago
- @DeleMomodu: A journey back in historyPosted 2 days ago
- Gov. Oshiomhole is furious that a minister donated vehicles to the army for election monitoringPosted 2 days ago
- Jega says election result will be announced on MondayPosted 2 days ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…