- “We’ll leave no stone unturned”: Pres Jonathan releases statement over Kano blastsPosted 7 hours ago
- On succession: Gov. Kwankwaso wants to do something which only one governor has done since 1999Posted 8 hours ago
- Hundreds dead as multiple bomb blast rock Kano Central MosquePosted 13 hours ago
- What a woman! 10 things you did not know about Nigeria’s immediate past chief justice, Aloma MukhtarPosted 15 hours ago
- Uchenna Ekweremadu: Behold, Nigeria’s Isaachar GenerationPosted 16 hours ago
- “Apologise or get sued”: Abati’s tweet claiming Kano govt project as FG project lands him in troublePosted 17 hours ago
- Boko Haram update: We have good and bad news, but we started with the good so you can skip the restPosted 19 hours ago
- Tunde Leye: Austerity in the time of clean stoves and wonderbagsPosted 20 hours ago
- Former works minister and ex-husband to Stella Oduah dumps PDP for APCPosted 20 hours ago
- Akin Osuntokun: The utility of Yakubu GowonPosted 21 hours ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…