- Oluwatosin Fatoyinbo: The forgotten ones: Abandoned in a foreign land by the Rivers governmentPosted 4 hours ago
- Ex-Pres Jonathan, Secondus, Dickson commission bridge, road in Bayelsa (Photos)Posted 5 hours ago
- Dasuki investigation: Ex-finance minister and sons of former top officials arrested by EFCCPosted 7 hours ago
- Eniola Bello: The sameness of APC change – 5 examplesPosted 7 hours ago
- Meeting over: APC unveils Bello as Kogi APC candidate; Faleke rejects deputy candidate offerPosted 19 hours ago
- Not a Nollywood movie: The clash between APC supporters outside the party secretariat (Photos)Posted 22 hours ago
- As APC leaders and contenders meet to decide on Kogi, supporters clash outsidePosted 22 hours ago
- Why TB Joshua was not in court on Monday as expectedPosted 23 hours ago
- Kogi drama: James Faleke picks Audu’s son as his deputyPosted 1 day ago
- Report: EFCC arrests 10 close aides and relatives of former NSA DasukiPosted 1 day ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…