- Sai Buhari! Our top eleven photos of Inauguration DayPosted 4 hours ago
- Gov Udom shocked guests at his inauguration when he renamed the Akwa Ibom ‘Nest of Champions’ stadiumPosted 7 hours ago
- Ex-president Jonathan reveals that he was afraid over whether Bayelsans would curse or boo himPosted 8 hours ago
- Ex-Gov Aliyu learnt the hard way why most of his colleagues did not attend the inauguration todayPosted 11 hours ago
- Time to make sacrifices: El-Rufai and his deputy slash their salaries by 50%; announce free educationPosted 14 hours ago
- #ForTheHistoryBooks: Buhari’s inauguration speech (READ)Posted 15 hours ago
- “Oath of office, the military, Dame Jonathan”: 7 takeaways from Buhari’s inaugurationPosted 16 hours ago
- And we have a new President!Posted 17 hours ago
- Chinedu Ekeke: What the South East will expect from BuhariPosted 22 hours ago
- Amaechi’s commissioner of justice suspended by the NBAPosted 22 hours ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…