- Femi Aribisala: Who believes the lie that there are more people in the North than in the South?Posted 23 hours ago
- No respite for Oritsejafor: CAN president accused of breaking CAMA lawPosted 23 hours ago
- Rumble in the jungle: Senior lawyers, Agbakoba and Babalakin, brawl in court premisesPosted 23 hours ago
- OBJ goes back to school; registers for Masters degreePosted 1 day ago
- Judge rules that SSS unlawfully detained Elrufai in Anambra; awards ex-minister N2m as damagesPosted 1 day ago
- Uche Igwe: Where did Chibuike Amaechi go wrong? (2)Posted 2 days ago
- See PHOTOS of some of the properties vandalised in Ekiti last weekPosted 2 days ago
- Lere Olayinka: Fayose’s victory and the hand of GodPosted 2 days ago
- Parents of released Chibok girl yet to see her as FG moves her from Yola to AbujaPosted 2 days ago
- Magistrate Komolafe to head Lagos govt coroner inquest into The Synagogue building collapsePosted 2 days ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…