- Dino Melaye explains why he escorted Saraki’s wife to the EFCC… and, no, it wasn’t to help carry her bagsPosted 5 hours ago
- APC governors met last night to strategise on how to resolve the remaining crisis in their partyPosted 7 hours ago
- Yesterday, Badeh pulled out of service: Here’s a LIST of all Nigeria’s former chiefs of defence staffPosted 8 hours ago
- If this PDP evidence is not disproved, then Buhari has to replace Daura as DSS DG right nowPosted 10 hours ago
- Akin Osuntokun: From Afonja to Saraki to Fayemi: The rebellion of the godsons (2)Posted 11 hours ago
- Yesterday, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha of all people advised Bayelsa people to changePosted 12 hours ago
- Just In: Early morning bomb blast in Maiduguri at bus parkPosted 12 hours ago
- Fayose says he used to be a danfo driver but was not the desperate typePosted 12 hours ago
- Would you accept to be minister?Should GEJ be probed?:Tunde Bakare neither here nor there on the issuesPosted 13 hours ago
- On this day 40 years ago, Murtala Mohammed became head of state: His life & legacy in 23 infographicsPosted 24 hours ago
APC governors (including G5), Speaker Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu, others, in late night meeting
By Dare Lawal
A meeting of the governors in the All Progressives Congress (APC), and some of its national leaders held last night at the Kano state Governors’ lodge.
A surprise presence at the meeting was the speaker of the Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, although he left 30 minutes later.
Also at yesterday’s meeting were former head of state and 2011 Presidential candidate of Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, General Mohammadu Buhari; former governor of Lagos State and leader of APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governors Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti; Babatunde Fashola of Lagos; Bola Ajimobi of Oyo state; Rabiu Musa Kwakwanso of Kano; Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers; Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun; Murtala Nyako of Adamawa; Kashim Shettima of Borno and Aliyu Wamakko of Sokoto.
Other attendees include former Borno governor Ali Modu Sheriff; APC chairman Bisi Akande; Ogbonnaya Onu; 2011 APC presidential candidate Nuhu Ribadu; former speaker Aminu Bello Masari, among others.
It is believed that the details of the deal with the new PDP governors who recently joined the APC ranks were discussed.
More to follow…