- Sylva Ifedigbo: Maslow’s theory and the Nigerian realityPosted 7 hours ago
- Samuel Ogundipe: Gov. Fashola and the global warming hoaxPosted 7 hours ago
- Since 2008 and counting: Former Adamawa governor, Boni Haruna, re-arraigned by the EFCCPosted 7 hours ago
- Pandemonium in Ogun assembly as two speakers emerge, assembly mace brokenPosted 7 hours ago
- Presidency, Gov. Aliyu disagree over APC governors’ visit to MaiduguriPosted 7 hours ago
- Wait a minute! Isn’t that a younger GEJ… with shoes?Posted 7 hours ago
- Olanrewaju Oguntoyibo: A presidency and its stack of liesPosted 1 day ago
- Ifeoluwapo Adeniyi: APC governors in Borno – One visit, great lessonsPosted 1 day ago
- Behold the new APC logo (does this mean the ACN is on top?)Posted 1 day ago
- FG approves money for borehole in state-owned Nasarawa State University after fatal protestPosted 1 day ago
A prophet without honour: See President’s Jonathan’s triumphal entry into Coted’Ivoire (Photos)
by Dare Lawal
President Jonathan is currently on a three day official state visit to the West African nation of Coted’Ivoire.
Without a doubt, the government of that country led by President Allasane Outtara, has a lot to be thankful to Jonathan and Nigeria for. Nigeria used its weight to back Outtara over the former president Laurent Gbagbo after the latter refused to step down despite his loss in the presidential elections two years ago.
That was a period of upheaval in the country as forces loyal to the two men slugged it out.
Now, the country is gradually getting back on track and President Jonathan was feted by the executive government of Cotedivoire (which gave him a lavish welcome, hosted a befitting dinner in his honour, and bestowed him and the first lady with national honours), the national assembly which opened its doors for President Jonathan to address them, and the city of Yammassako led by its mayor, which offered the keys to the city to Jonathan.
The president would be in Maiduguri in the coming week. Hopefully, he’ll have this much honour, ride through the city and be able to freely do all this stuff you’ll see in the pictures below.