The Sokoto State House of Assembly on Tuesday suspended two of its members.
- Sani Yakubu (APC- Gudu) and,
- Malami Galadanchi (APC- Sokoto North I).
Offence: Accused of unethical conduct during the August 15 impeachment of the Deputy House Leader, Kabiru Ibrahim.
A committee headed by Habibu Modachi, set up to investigate the two members, said they both pleaded guilty.
- Hon. Yakubu – suspended for 40 legislative days.
- Hon. Galadanchi – suspended for 30 legislative days.
- The two men are also to submit separate letters of apology to the Assembly.