For the third year running, Governor Nasir Ahmed El-Rufai of Kaduna has become the first governor to announce the state’s draft budget for the next fiscal year.
Details: At a town hall meeting in Kaduna, El-Rufai proposed the following for the 2018 fiscal year:
- A draft total budget of N201.05 billion;
- Capital budget of N125.50 billion (62.4%); and
- Recurrent budget of N75.55 billion (37.6%).
Important to note the following:
- It is just a draft – El-Rufai has not yet presented it to the state assembly.
- Suggestions are still welcome – Currently, the government is still asking the electorate to provide inputs and suggest projects that they would like to see included in the final document.
- A copy of the proposed draft is available online for citizens to read and provide input.
- The Kaduna State Executive Council is expected to approve the final estimate on Monday 9th October.
- El-Rufai is expected to present the final draft estimate to the Kaduna State House of Assembly on 12th October for consideration and passage into law.